So I hear you may be quarantined. Yeah, so am I. As I sit here writing this from the couch in my living room, you are probably in a similar position trying to figure out how to reschedule all of your appointments. It's a lot. It's overwhelming. But take a deep breath. I'm here to help.
The good news is you have some tools. So here's some things I want you to gather in front of you:
- Laptop or desktop computer
- A pad of paper or a notebook
- A pen or pencil
Yes, your toolbox is that simple. You don't need much to get this task done.
The next thing I want you to do is write down the names of all the clients you need to reschedule and do so in the order they were supposed to come see you originally. Someone who needed a move-up on their extensions a week ago will be a more urgent appointment than someone who will need a move-up next week. Hold onto that list. You'll need it very soon.
Now let's look at some apps and websites that can help you:
Apps and Websites for Scheduling
We are forward thinking technologically advanced professionals, right? Right! There are various apps and websites that can help you with scheduling so much more efficiently than the old-fashioned methods of emailing or texting back and forth to set an appointment or keeping a paper planner or calendar. Let's take a look!
- Calendar program on computer or Google (Free) - This one is a more simple scheduling tool than others out there, but it can be very helpful.
- Square Appointments (Free, unless using it for multiple people) - This is a handy app, because it not only allows you to schedule appointments but also lets you send invoices to your clients. Consolidation of tools is always helpful!
- Calendly (Free for the Basic plan, paid for all others) - We actually use this one here at Hair & Compounds. This one is great because it allows you to send your clients a link they can use to select an appointment date and time themselves.
- SimplyBook.me (Free account option, paid for others) - This one states on it's homepage that it is "...for service based companies." Hairstyling is service based, so this one could help you a lot.
- Acuity Scheduling (Free for the Freebie plan, paid for others) - This one allows your clients to book appointments with you and pay you.
- Vagaro (Free trial) - This one would be helpful if you need a program that does more than just scheduling. This one also does email marketing and POS.
- EZnet Scheduler (Free Trial) - This one also does more than just scheduling and has a variety of tools for your business.
- GigaBook (Free Trial) - This one is similar to Square because it allows you to schedule appointments, send reminders and bill your clients.
All information about the programs above came from either the programs' websites or my personal use of the programs.
Now that you know about a few of the options out there, do a little more research - there are many more options than just the ones we listed - and choose the app or web-based tool that works best for you. Make sure to choose one that allows you to send a link to your clients so they can choose a date and time to reschedule. Trust me, this will make the process much easier.
Then come right back here for the next step to get your rescheduling all fixed up and done with.
Time to Reschedule
It's time to take that list you made along with your scheduling program and start rescheduling those appointments! The first thing you'll need to know is when you'll be back in the salon. If you don't have a date yet, you'll have to wait until you have that before you can move forward with rescheduling.
So you have a date? That's great! Let's keep going then.
This is when you will want to contact your clients in the order that they originally would have come in for their appointments. You'll want to make sure the scheduling program you choose allows you to send them a link so they can choose a date and time. This makes the process easy and efficient. In that case, all you have to do is send out a batch of emails or texts with those links and wait for the rescheduled appointments to come to you and your calendar.
See, nothing to stress about! You've got this handled! Now you can go about the rest of your quarantine knowing you have clients and appointments ready for you when all of this chaos is over.
Want to read more?
Here are some blogs we hope you enjoy!
If you're a hard working entrepreneur and struggle with your work schedule, you should take the next step and hire an assistant.
Providing your clientele with luxury will evoke comfort, relaxation and confidence within them, to the point where they feel the need to come back and experience it all over again.
When hairstylists are starting to get their footing in the hair extension world,
a popular question asked is: how should I price the extensions and service to my clients?